We have already established the importance of replying to online reviews.
Companies can fail or succeed based on customers satisfaction and online reviews have a huge impact on your business.
Not only can reviews from your customers provide valuable feedback for your business, but replying to them can help build your customers’ trust. If you opt to publish your responses, prospective customers will see both the customer review and your response. This can enhance your reputation as a company that cares.
Tips for responding to reviews
Responding to reviews allows you to build relationships with customers, but they’re also public. With this in mind, you should consider the following key points:
- Be nice and don’t get personal. Keep your responses useful, readable and courteous. It’s difficult to win an argument with a frustrated customer, and you want to avoid burning bridges.
- Keep it short, but accurate Users are looking for useful and genuine responses, but they can easily be overwhelmed and put off by a long response.
- Thank your reviewers. Respond to reviewers, especially when you have new or relevant information to share. A simple show of appreciation goes a long way.
- Be a friend, not a salesperson. Your reviewers are already customers, so there’s no need for the hard sell. Perhaps use the opportunity to tell reviewers something they mind find useful about your business.
- Negative reviews aid conversions too. At least, they do if they are handled correctly. Try to resolve complaints or negative comments in an open forum, so potential consumers can see how you handle issues generally.
Using the right tools, businesses should not only have the opportunity to respond online but to show responses to the online review. This provides an opportunity to resolve the complaint in an open forum and for potential consumers to see how they handle issues generally.
JudgeService’s ‘Right to Reply’ facility provides the opportunity to respond immediately to a consumer with a concern or negative view and turn this around quickly and effectively.
In addition, our system sends an alert to a nominated person, immediately notifying your business so you can address it in a timely manner.
Discover the importance of responding to reviews, of all kinds, and how our solutions can help you to do this, by emailing us or calling 01423 225166.